Proposal to Upgrade the WDR Service
[ed. This proposal/motion is in the New Business section of the We Do Recover Business Meeting agenda.] [20171116.1040: updated by Micah S.]
I (Micah S.) propose that the advanced web features of the WDR FreeConferenceCall line be enabled and that the login information be kept with (a) our technical coordinator and (b) all current chairpersons of the WDR phone meetings. I further propose that when a chairperson leaves, that the password be changed and shared once again with the technical coordinator and all current chairpersons.
– Ability to know how many people are on the call through a visual panel on the app
– Ability to use a web interface to join the call (helpful if you’re in a place with bad cell service)
– Ability to use a mobile app to connect to the meeting.
– Ability of the host to know precisely which caller is not muted and individually mute that person
– If people join the meeting via the app instead of phone, they could put in their full name, not realizing that other people would see it. We can mitigate this by coaching people to only use their first name