WE DO RECOVER phone dial-in Meetings
PHONE NUMBER: +1.641.715.3650
Member access code: 107678
FCCHD TouchTone Commands
*5 to mute all lines has three choices:
1. mute all lines and allow *6 for individuals to un-mute
2. mute all lines and prevent individuals from un-muting
3. un-mute all lines, individuals mute their line with *6
Hello everyone. My name is: and I am a marijuana addict. Use star six (*6) to mute or un-mute your phone.
We don’t say “Hi” after each introduction or thank each person who shares during these phone meetings to better control the background noise level.
Welcome to the “We Do Recover” phone bridge meeting of Marijuana Anonymous. We meet in this teleconference seven days a week at 10 a.m. We also have meetings Sunday afternoon at 3:00pm and we have night meetings at 10:00pm on two different days, Thursday and Saturday. All times are Eastern Time.
[Note to co-chair: Optional at start of meeting.]
If you’d like to join me in the Serenity Prayer, please un-mute your phone.
God . . .
Grant me the serenity . . .
To accept the things I cannot change . . .
The courage to change the things I can, . . .
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Please mute your phones now . . .
Marijuana Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share our experience, strength and hope with each other that we may solve our common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction. The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using marijuana. There are no dues or fees for membership. We are self-supporting through our own contributions. MA is not affiliated with any religious or secular institution or organization and has no opinion on any outside controversies or causes. Our primary purpose is to stay free of marijuana and to help the marijuana addict who still suffers achieve the same freedom.
Special Announcement: If you enter a call and there is not a chair, we suggest that anyone who is clean from drugs and alcohol and has attended at least 6 meetings may open the meeting by reading or asking someone to read the Preamble, 12 Steps, 7th tradition, which can be found in the book Life With Hope pg. XV, the MA app or website and begin sharing.
[Note to co-chair: Read only one or the other or none of the “Twelves” as determined by the chair person. ]
“The 12 Questions of Marijuana Anonymous.”
[Thank the person by name: ]
“How It Works” also know as “The Twelve
[Thank the person by name: ]
“The 12 Promises”
[Thank the person by name: ]
[Note to co-chair: DO NOT READ the table. The table below is not to be read but only so that you know what the meeting format is for the current day that you are chairing.]
Meeting Focus and Format
|DAY OF WEEK||TOPIC OF THE DAY|
|Monday Morning 10 AM EST||Beginners (last 90 days using & first 90 days in recovery
Last Monday is Milestone Celebration
|Tuesday Morning 10 AM EST||Step meeting (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12)|
|Wednesday Morning 10 AM EST||topic discussion|
|Thursday Morning 10 AM EST||Fourth Tradition and the People of Color pamphlet
|Thursday Night 10 PM EST||12 Traditions & 12 Questions|
|Friday Morning 10 AM EST||Life With Hope stories from the 3rd major section of the book
|Saturday Morning 10 AM EST||Promises Focused topic discussion|
|Saturday Night 10 PM EST||Relapse Prevention|
|Sunday Morning 10 AM EST||11th Step meeting|
|Sunday Afternoon 3 pM EST||Guided Meditation meeting|
Tradition Two states: For our group purpose, there is but one ultimate authority — a loving God as is expressed in our group conscience.
To maintain the serenity of the meeting, here are some guidelines:
- When you share, please tell us your first name only. If you’re comfortable you may include your location and optionally your clean time. This helps to facilitate connections and outreach.
- This is a no cross talk meeting. Cross talk is defined as directing questions, comments or sharing to any person whether positive or negative; giving advice; interrupting or talking over people without being recognized by the chair; having conversations on the side; being disruptive or disrespectful at any time during the meeting. This includes the chair.This guideline is suggested so that everyone can feel comfortable and safe while sharing. We encourage you to speak to others and ask questions after the meeting.Please be mindful of others, keep the focus on yourself, use “I” statements and speak from your own experience, strength and hope during and after the meeting.
- At 40 minutes we will take a break for MA-related announcements.
- After everyone has shared, if time permits, second shares will be asked for.
- After the meeting we invite you to stay on the line to get phone numbers, ask questions, and enjoy fellowship.
- During the first half please limit your share to four minutes or less. After the break, shares will be limited to three minutes. The chair will signal you when you have one minute to wrap up. Please acknowledge the chair’s signal.
Before we begin, we want to welcome any newcomers to the meeting and acknowledge your being here. It is suggested that you attend at least six meetings so you have time to identify with the speakers, begin to absorb the MA concepts, and learn more about the program. Please explore the MA websites: marijuana-anonymous.org and/or ma-phone.org, and make outreach calls.
Are there any newcomers who would like to introduce themselves by giving us your first name today? [Brief Pause…]
I will be staying on the line after the meeting to respond to questions and further welcome newcomers.
[Note to co-chair: If you cannot stay after the meeting to be newcomer greeter then ask for volunteer with 90 days or more.]
Milestones in sobriety of 30, 60, 90 days, 6 months, 9 months, years, and multiples are celebrated on the last Monday of the month with a speaker meeting by the celebrants. If you want to celebrate your milestone please join us on the last Monday of the month.
It is now time for open sharing.
We need a Spiritual Timekeeper, is anyone willing to do that service? (Chair pause, remind people there is no clean time requirement, remind the timekeeper to start with 4 minute shares, a “1 minute” signal to wrap up and “time” at the end.)
Does anyone have a desire to use marijuana or are struggling in recovery today that would like to share now.
Who would like to begin sharing?
Newcomers, please feel free to share on anything you need to.
[Note to co-chair: After shares, thank speaker by name, invite others to share.
Reiterate the meeting’s focus if needed.
Note to co-chair: Do not cross-talk by commenting on people’s shares.]
7th Tradition (at ~40 minutes)
Our 7th Tradition states that MA has no dues or fees. We are self-supporting through our own contributions.
We do have expenses for the dissemination of MA literature, the maintenance of our website and the costs incurred by MA World Services.
Or you can mail your contribution:
MA World Services
340 S Lemon Avenue #9420
Walnut CA 91789 U.S.A.
Please give what you can, but if you can give nothing for now:
Keep Coming Back!
MA-related announcements read by chair
- We have a combined Business Meeting, which is guided by our Group Conscience, for all the We Do Recover group’s phone meetings on the 20th of each month at 6pm eastern time. The day of the week floats, but the date is always the 20th of the month. Business Meeting agenda items are posted on the website: ma-phone.org, access the menu “Business Meeting” then “We Do Recover.”
- When you have at least 60 days clean from marijuana, alcohol and drugs please consider chairing a meeting.
- The MAWS Literature committee is developing a book of daily meditations. An example and the form to submit your own meditation is available at the very bottom of the “Literature” menu you’ll find the link for Meditation.
- Are there any other MA related announcements?
Ask people to claim their seat . . . or continue with sharing
(Please remind the timekeeper of 3 minutes shares now).
Wrap Up: At about 55 minutes
Thank all who provided service (readers, qualifiers, speakers, timekeepers) and people who shared (optionally by name).
Thank you for letting me be of service.
Phone Number Service Information
We have found telephone contact with other MA members supportive to maintain sobriety between meetings.
For our phone number service, we ask everyone to be mindful about sharing their phone number in this public space and know that no one is required to give out give out their phone number.
With this information in mind, any caller may offer their phone number in this public space. However, please do not request phone numbers.
If an early outreach call turns into a request for romance or finance, consider ending contact with that person. Inappropriate incidents are infrequent, but they have happened.
Gather names and numbers from those who willingly share. We suggest that you listen to people for a few meetings before calling them.
If anyone is available to be a sponsor, who has worked the steps and has experience strength and hope to share please identify yourself as you share your number.
As it states in our book, Life With Hope, “We are [each] responsible for our own recovery” (p. 3).
I’ll stay on the line to facilitate phone number service.
As a gentle reminder in the after meeting fellowship, when sharing let’s practice using “I” statements and asking permission of the people who shared in the formal meeting prior to commenting or offering program suggestions on anyone’s share. This extends a safe, respectful atmosphere of recovery to all. Thank You.
In closing, the opinions expressed here today are strictly those of the individuals who gave them. The things you have heard here are spoken in confidence and should be treated as confidential. We do not take outside the meeting who we hear inside the meeting.
If you try to absorb what you have heard you are bound to gain a better understanding of the way to handle your challenges and begin to change your life. Talk to each other, reason things out with someone else. Let there be no gossip or criticism of one another, but only Love, Understanding and Fellowship.
[Note to chair: Optionally can ask for a moment of silence before the prayer.]
If you’d like to join me to close the mtg with the “We” version of the Serenity Prayer together in unison.
God . . .
Grant us the serenity . . .
To accept the things we cannot change . . .
The courage to change the things we can, . . .
And the wisdom to know the difference.
THANK YOU, EVERYONE!
This concludes our formal MA meeting this morning/evening.
Is there anyone who would like to share their phone numbers. (pause)
(un-mute your phones [*6] )
Are there any newcomer or other questions?
Fellowship can now follow.
To request changes to this script you must be a registered user on this site.
Please contact: email@example.com