The MAWS main website at www.marijuana-anonymous.org has an informational voice mailbox at the Contact Us page at:
Below is a message we received from the MAWS Outreach Trustee on Nov 13. An agenda item has been added to the WDR & MAWPM GC agendas for discussion and a couple of WIR people have been notified.
Greetings ANLP, MA World Services PI Trustee, District 13 and Phone Meeting Representatives!
I am reaching out to to discuss the types of correspondence the MA World Services Outreach Committee is responding to. We at Outreach have been responding to all of the calls that come into the MA World Service 800 number. Many of these calls are indeed about Outreach, but sometimes these calls are about Online or Phone meetings, ANLP orders or PI specific questions. By job description, Outreach is charged to respond to helpline inquiries, but in a way, the Outreach Committee has become the World Services Receptionist and I would like to work together to establish a process for your service group, District or meeting area to directly receive the calls pertaining to your MA domain, so to speak.
For example, when we get a call about someone struggling to understand how to enter online meetings, we are not really the experts on the logistics of online meetings. Also, when we receive PI inquiries, it would be more efficient for PI to be directly receiving those calls to respond. Really Outreach is not about responding to logistical questions about PI service opportunities, ANLP orders, or the logistics of online or phone meetings. We have been doing our best to respond, but I would like setup a process which directly links these specific calls to you all. I think this not only frees up some extra work that the Outreach Committee has been doing, but it also would better serve the members and professionals who are contacting MA.
This could be done in a couple of ways.
1. We could setup an Auto-Receptionist feature on the 800 line (through RingCentral). This would be that each of your domains would have it’s own extension. These call notifications, with voicemail attached, would be automatically forwarded to someone or a committee with your service group, district or meeting area. The benefits to this are that these specific calls are rerouted directly to those who can best respond to these type of inquiries, as well as Outreach not having to spend time yielding them. We would really like you to be the representatives of what information is shared about these specific MA domains.
2. If you do not want to have an extension through the 800 line, Outreach could setup a process of forwarding these calls immediately to a point person or team that you provide the contact information for. It may be a new service opportunity for your service group, district or meeting area. Basically we would need to know the contact emails of who those responsible parties are, and for you to keep them up-to-date.
3. You can setup your own correspondence line, such as through Google Voice.
If we moved forward with option 1, we would need your service group, district or meeting area to draft an outgoing message that would be recorded for listeners to hear. We would also need the contact information of who to link to that extension (who is going to receive the call notifications via email).
This will take a bit of planning and coordination between us, but I do think this is a direction that MA needs to move forward with. I look forward to hearing your feedback. I am willing to attend a DSC, business or Board meeting to further present this idea to your service group, district or meeting fellowships.
The Marijuana Anonymous World Phone Meetings (MAWPM) group will strive to keep their MAWPM phone line active as much as possible during the holidays. Sometimes there will be live meetings or readings, sometimes recordings.
The MAWPM number is: 1.712.775.7035 using access code: 679941#
The WDR number is: +1.641.715.3650 using access code: 107678#
Please contact Marianne if you can contribute some time.
The schedule (so far) is listed below:
7 AM MAWPM
Regular Monday schedule
Have a safe holiday season…
Members of Marijuana Anonymous are invited to the 2016 MA Town Hall meeting on:
October 1, 2016, from 10AM-noon PDT (1-3PM EDT/6-8PM BST)
Methods for access to the meeting are:
The following topics will be covered:
- 2016 Conference Report
- A New Leaf update
- MAWS Internet Guidelines
- 7th Tradition
- New pamphlet on medications
- Ask a trustee
The MA World Phone Meetings group is experimenting with hybrid meetings where an existing land-based face-to-face meeting has a speaker phone in the room so that callers from around the world can call in and participate.
Please considering sharing your experience, strength and hope by calling in. Current hybrid meetings are:
- Monday @ 8:00 PM EST: Fly into the Light (Raleigh, North Carolina)
Do you imagine there are marijuana addicts in your area who may benefit from an MA Phone meeting?
Linked below is a flyer for the World Phone Meetings group that you can print (perhaps on green colored paper) and stick to bulletin boards at treatment facilities, jails, hospitals, head shops or where ever else you feel is appropriate. (That said, you should generally seek approval as unapproved flyers often get pulled down rather quickly.)
Below are the prayers known to be used in Marijuana Anonymous.
- Set Aside Prayer
- Second Step Prayer
- Third Step Prayer
- Seventh Step Prayer
- Eleventh Step Prayer
- Road of Happy Destiny Prayer
- Unity Prayer
- Freedom of Bondage Prayer
- Reconciliation Prayer
- Spiritual Growth Prayer
- Prayer to Get Past Self Doubt
- Peace Within (St. Therese’s Prayer)
- Affirmation Prayer
- Great Spirit Prayer
- Walk in Beauty Prayer
- Victory Prayer